ARROW – Marc Guggenheim Opens the Door for Malcolm Merlyn’s Return!

When last we say Malcolm Merlyn aka The Dark Archer, he was standing on a landmine that blew up. His supposed last act on Arrow was that of the hero father saving his daughter. But, was that his final appearance on the show. Even John Barrowman himself was told so and shared that with fans earlier this summer. However, it seems that Marc Guggenheim has reopened the door for his return. Check out the details below and share your thoughts! Arrow kicks off its 6th season on Thursday, October 12th at 8pm Central on the CW

“I am surprised and very happy to hear Marc Guggenheim’s comments about Merlyn’s future in the Arrowverse because in a very decisive phone conversation we had with Wendy Mericle, I was led to believe that there were no plans to bring Merlyn back,” he wrote. “If they have changed their mind, awesome!”

“I have LOVED playing Malcom Merlyn and was SO disappointed to be told the news of his death and to no longer be part of a fantastic team and show. If they want me back, they just have to ask! The ball is back in their court. Write Merlyn an amazing storyline and I will be there,” Barrowman continued.

Here’s what Marc Guggenheim said at Comic-Con:

“We told John when we called him to tell him about the events of the finale, every single person on all the shows has come back in some shape or form. We’ve got flashbacks, we’ve got time travel, we’ve got parallel universes. Goodbye is never goodbye. He has an open invitation to return to the show any time he wants.”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *