It is clear that Disney has targeted Chris Pratt to be Harrison Ford’s successor in the Indiana Jones Movie Franchise. Now Chris Pratt has some thoughts on future Indiana Jones Movies as well as a possible Reboot. Check out the latest on this below, and share your thoughts after the JUMP!
Chris Pratt is the new Harrison Ford…in a sense. Instead of Star Wars, he has his own epic sci-fi space opera — that also dubs as a superhero movie — and he pretty much looks like Indiana Jones all dressed up as his Jurassic World character. But when talk emerged of him being eyed to headline a new reboot of the daredevil archaeologist, the Internet went up in a blaze of glory. So, will or he won’t he pick up the iconic hat and whip?
TMZ caught up with Pratt to get a statement about the potential casting. Actually, “ambushed” is more accurate word, as he had just gotten off a plane when he was bombarded by the cameras. Nevertheless, when asked about whether he was in talks to become the new Indy, the Guardians of the Galaxy star said:
No. I don’t know. I just got back from being in the woods, killing a bunch of stuff. Maybe, but this is very jarring. I had no idea. First I’m hearing of it.
The news of Chris Pratt’s potential ascension to Indy actor broke a couple of weeks ago. With the Marvel movies doing gangbusters at the box office and the Star Wars franchise gaining new life with Episode 7, coming out this December 18, Disney turned its attention to bringing back the Indiana Jones franchise. While developments are in their early stages, the Mouse House was said to be eyeing Pratt, though no official talks had been confirmed at the time. However, these latest statements from the man himself prove that he hasn’t in fact been approached yet, but time will tell. You can watch his full reaction in the video below. It presents a strange context, a non-denial, non-confirmation: